Thursday, June 12, 2014

Starbucks Coffee Jelly Frappuccino

I spend a lot of time at Starbucks. It's one of the few places you can reliably get free wifi, there's always enough space that I can stay and work all afternoon without feeling guilty, and it keeps me away from all the distractions inside my house while providing just enough distraction when I need a short break from writing.  

I've become so familiar with their menu that sometimes it seems like I mark the passing of time by their seasonal offerings. I usually stick to unsweetened tea because it's healthier (and it costs less) but every once in a while I splurge on a fun seasonal drink (and let's be honest, I drank Cool Lime Refreshers every day last summer, but those only had 50 calories anyways so who's counting?)

I hadn't been interested in the past few seasonal drinks, but at the beginning of June they introduced the Coffee Jelly Frappuccino. Jelly is just what they call jello over here.  It sounds weird, right? Except I was immediately intrigued. With the super intensive week of editing Raku and I have been having we decided to treat ourselves this afternoon to keep our spirits and our energy up, and OMG they are delicious! It's really cubes of black coffee jello with a frappuccino on top, almost like a milkshake with gummy bears in the bottom or maybe more like bubble tea. Yum! They're certainly a splurge, and the tall size was plenty, but if you have the chance to try one you won't regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment