Friday, June 20, 2014

Recent Conbini Finds

I love poking around in conbinis (convenience stores) looking for the latest seasonal flavors of snacks, laughing at weird novelty items, and finding the newest flavor of chu-hai. I don't know why I love them so much, but I really do. It's been a while since I've posted a round-up of my finds, so here's the latest.

Pasta flavored popsicles.  I haven't tried them, but I don't think I need to.


Caramel Cinnamon Mojito in a can. I didn't try this one either, but the flavor combination sounds terrible. Where do they come up with this stuff?


Blueberry Yogurt flavored Oreo bites. Alright, I should have known better than to buy this one. It was just so weird I couldn't help being curious.  They're awful.  Like oreos mixed up with flintstone vitamins.


Melon flavored chu-hais. These are delicious! Before coming to Japan I didn't care either way about melons, but now they're one of my favorite things. I hadn't seen this flavor until recently, and I can only find it at Family Mart, but if you get a chance try one!


Elderflower and Lemon Peel Sparkling Water. Sparkling water isn't a very big thing in the US is it? Or maybe just not where I grew up. I've really come to appreciate it. 7-eleven grapefruit and lemon sparkling waters have long been my favorite, but I just found this flavor today. The carbonation doesn't last quite as well as 7-eleven's, but the flavor is very floral and refreshing.


No comments:

Post a Comment