Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Back to Real Life

I can't believe how quickly my mom's time here came and went!  It seems like just a couple days ago I was going to the airport to meet her, but in reality she's already been home for several days.  It was a busy week with lots of crazy weather, but we had a wonderful time!

There were several picnics, beautiful temples and shrines, afternoon tea, lots of delicious Japanese foods, and fun with some friends.  My mom was such a champ she even tried sushi without even freaking out and didn't make a fuss about the weather even though the temperature went up to 33c one day (that's over 90f!) and rainy season started right on schedule just before she left.  I can't believe I didn't write a single post while she was here, but now I've got a huge backlog of things to write about, so hopefully this blog will get back on track.

It made me so happy to show her so many of the things I love about living here and spend so much time together.  We'd only seen each other once in almost two years!

Now that she's home it is time to get serious about writing.  Raku and I are having an intensive week of critiquing each other's writing.  I've been terrified of this for a long time, but it's actually been really good.  Being a writer is wonderful and lets me have a very luxurious lifestyle a lot of the time, but it is hard work!


No comments:

Post a Comment