Saturday, May 3, 2014

Happy Golden Week!

This morning John and I woke up early and decided to go to Mercer Brunch, a really cute little restaurant that we've been eying for over a year but have never gotten around to trying. When the weather is good there's lots of open air seating, with interesting tables and couches and a lovely fire pit. French toast is what they're known for, and it comes with most of the different meal sets you can order. I am not even a french toast fan and the stuff was amazing! It is so tender and custardy but crisp and butter all at once. It's lightly sweetened and doesn't come with any additional syrup (much to John's dismay) but I thought it was perfect. There's normally a line for the place, but we were lucky and arriving just before 11:00 only had to wait about ten minutes. By the time we left a line was stretching down the block.

This evening we're going to a Yakult Swallows baseball game to celebrate Raku's birthday (Happy Birthday Raku!) and then we have three more glorious days to relax. I'm sure that I'll be complaining about the weather soon, but lately it's been so wonderful and balmy. We've had the windows open with the curtains flapping in the breeze nearly every day.

Oh, and it's been a whole week that I've forgotten to say anything, but I cut my hair last Friday! More than twenty centimeters off - probably nine or ten inches by the time it was done. I'm still going to Shinka in Roppongi and very satisfied with the place. I've gotten haircuts there before, but never anything this major so I was nervous how it would turn out. Miyuki did a great job after looking at the photographs and talking with me about what I wanted. I had to coax her a little to get it this short, and honestly I would have liked it to be a little shorter, but I'm sure in her profession it makes sense to be cautious. On days when they aren't busy Sachi helps her with my highlights and they both do a great job. If you're looking for an English speaking place to get your hair done in Tokyo I would definitely recommend either of them.

Mercer Brunch
Hours: M-F 10:00-3:30, 6:00-midnight, S-S 9:00-midnight
Phone: 03- 3470-6551
Address: 4-2-35 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Map

Steak and Eggs at Mercer Brunch

Spicy Chicken Salad at Mercer Brunch (delicious, though not spicy)

New Short Hair!

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday to Raku, and your hair is so cute!

    ReplyDelete