Thursday, February 6, 2014

Milk Jam

I've seen something in the stores before labeled Milk Jam, and always dismissed it as something super gross.  But thanks to a recent post from Smitten Kitchen I learned that's just the English translation of Dulce de Leche.  It's funny how something that sounds so weird in your own language can sound so wonderful in another.  (Maybe this is why when I'm at the salon and my stylist tells me she's just put placenta in my hair I have to resist the urge to scream while she smiles at me like she's just given me a wonderful gift?)

Now that I knew what it was (and having never actually tried Dulce de Leche before) I made sure to pick some up the next time I came across it.  It's pretty good, similar to caramel.  We just had it on cheesecake from 7-Eleven, well I did, John didn't want to try it.  But I'm thinking maybe I need to make crepes soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment